This week we are addressing diversity and inclusion within the Financial Services industry and Twink is joined by Bev Shah, CEO and Founder of City Hive and Dan Gilmore, Director of Last Word Media.
Themes covered in the podcast include:
- Creating cultural change within the investment industry
- How reporting on ethnicity and sexuality actually impact investment outcomes
- Developing cognitive diversity
- How diversity in teams generates accessibility for a more diverse customer base
- Why people are choosing their investment manager in a different way now, expecting to look into the business and respect and trust it
- Owning the diversity messaging internally and making sure
- communication is consistent and clear
Bhavini ‘Bev’ Shah is Founder and CEO of City Hive, which is a Network for Change and a force for good within the asset and investment management industry. With more than 15 years of investment experience as a fund buyer at some of the world’s largest financial institutions, she founded City Hive to lead the change needed to future-proof the investment management industry by empowering everyone to forge a more equitable and inclusive culture.
Dan Gilmore is a Director at Last Word Media, a leading global business information, live events, research and data provider to the global wealth and asset management industries. With 14 years’ experience within the industry, he’s experienced the changes and how it has evolved in relation to diversity, and speaks candidly within this podcast around his experiences.