Unsure how the UK pensions industry actually works? Not to worry, we have it covered in today’s AIM High episode: The legacy and leadership of the UK pensions industry. Accompanying Twink to discuss this subject is Charlotte Moore, a freelance Communications Consultant and Jo Sharples, Partner at Aon.
Themes covered in this podcast:
- The UK pensions industry landscape and how defined benefit (DB) pensions schemes have evolved
- The challenges pension schemes face in relation to the UK government’s ‘investments big bang’ push
- Are the UK government and the UK regulator at odds with each other over risk?
- The knock on effect of Osborne’s pensions reforms and freedom of choice
- Challenges for DB and defined contribution (DC) pension schemes in the next 5 – 10 years and how pension schemes will evolve
- How marketers of institutional houses can do a better job in communicating with gatekeepers of big pension schemes
Introducing the participants:
Charlotte Moore is an award-winning freelance journalist and communications consultant who specialises in pensions. She writes regularly for a number of publications such as Professional Pensions and IPE. Charlotte also helps asset managers produce readable blog posts, white papers, monthly updates and book chapters.
Jo Sharples is a Partner in Aon’s Investment Practice and is the Chief Investment Officer for Aon’s DC Solutions. She has over 20 years of experience in the pension and investment industry and is a Fellow of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries. Joanna is responsible for the development and implementation of delegated investment solutions for DC pension schemes, working closely with Aon’s UK delegated team.