We shine a light on investment trusts this week, looking into what makes this a good investment choice, and why it is difficult to promote them. Twink is joined by Ross Duncton, Managing Director, Head of Marketing & Direct at BMO Global Asset Management (EMEA) and Annabel Brodie-Smith, Communications Director at Association of Investment Companies (AIC). This episode has been recorded remotely, following Covid-19 lockdown measures.
Themes covered in this podcast
- Why investment trusts are a good investment choice
- The advantages of a closed-ended structure and who this will likely appeal to
- How the audience of investment trusts is changing over time
- The difficulties with marketing investment trusts
- How the F&C investment trust celebrated and marketed it’s 150-year milestone
Ross Duncton is a highly experienced marketing lead with over 15 years’ experience working in the financial services industry. Heading marketing teams in other large financial firms such as Prudential and Acromas Financial services, Ross has a thorough understanding of all marketing competencies, product management, commercials and operational capabilities.
Communications Director at the AIC, Annabel Brodie-Smith manages the PR team whose role it is to communicate the uses and benefits of investment companies and VCTs to the media, advisers, wealth managers and private investors. In addition, Annabel is also responsible for co-ordinating the AIC’s RDR programme and overseeing the AIC’s adviser and training seminars.