Digital technology implementation continues to evolve and the way we interact with social media is transforming too. With all this evolution, it is clear firms not investing time and resources into their social media creation and distribution strategy risk being left behind.
Best practices for creating content and social engagement is therefore the topic of today’s episode where Twink is joined by Vince Gorgan, Director of Marketing at Lord Abbett and George Owen, Founder & Director of Itch Media.
Themes covered in this episode:
- The starting principles and expectations we should have when planning social content
- How the industry is evolving and embracing social
- Best practice for creating and sharing on social
- What a good creative brief looks like
- Convincing stakeholders of the merits of social (budgeting & resourcing)
- Key considerations when creating content for social channels
Introducing the participants:
Vince Grogan, Lord Abbett’s Director of Marketing, is a 28-year veteran of the financial services industry, with a broad range of clients under his belt across the US and Europe at firms including Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs and Oppenheimer Funds. Vince has extensive experience developing and successfully executing integrated marketing strategies spanning digital, content, channel and core marketing.
George Owen founded ITCH in 2013, leading a team of filmmakers, animators and editors in delivering content solutions to clients across multiple sectors. Significant growth in the last few years thanks to their results-focused creative executions has seen ITCH create global campaigns for the likes of Ernst & Young, Nestle and Canon. Prior to ITCH, George worked in the wonderful world of reality TV working for the likes of Endemol and the BBC.