A learning mindset is crucial for a digital focused world. In the past 18 months all industries have undergone a digital evolution with work processes and culture being transformed. In this moment, having the drive and ambition to be consistently learning can be a business' differentiator, while those that are unable to learn and adapt are the ones who are left in the dark.
In today's episode Twink delves into the importance of a learning mindset with Farley Thomas, Founder & CEO of Manageable and Barbara Rupf Bee, Head of EMEA at Allianz Global Investors.
Themes covered in this podcast:
- The importance of a learning mindset
- The difficulties when asking questions, especially in early career
- How can we instil greater curiosity into our own approach and that of our teams?
- The evolvement of recruitment in the asset management industry
- How are businesses best channelling and encouraging ambitious, curious individuals - without the manager or business feeling challenged themselves?
- Is the desire and opportunity to learn in our mid careers, changing the roles we seek and decisions we make?
Introducing the participants:
Before founding Manageable and True Dawn, in 2020 and 2014 respectively, Farley spent over two decades in client-facing roles, focused in financial services. For over ten years he directed global functions and businesses at one of the world's largest banks and has led teams in over 30 countries.
Farley has accumulated management, sales, marketing and product-development experience and is a language scientist with a habit of learning a little about a lot of languages.
Barbara joined AllianzGI in 2019 from UBS, where she led its wealth management business in Germany. Previously, she served as the Head of EMEA Global Client Group at Deutsche Asset & Wealth Management responsible for distribution and business development. Barbara spent eight years working with teams in the UK, most recently as Chief Executive Officer of Renaissance Asset Managers Group, a specialist asset manager focused on Emerging Europe, Russia and Africa.